First Generation Ascots > The Thumper Years: Modified To Full Customs

82 Ascot Street Scrambler

<< < (3/5) > >>

Lefty:
Impressive build! What seat is that?

Dynachuck:
Thanks for the nice words, like many things on the bike, in order to get what I wanted I had to make it. I made a fiberglass pan using the bike frame and fender as a mold. (Pretty easy to do, There are some good how to videos on U Tube.) then I glued on and shaped some rebond foam, and had a local auto upholstery shop make a cover.  Making your own seat is a little messy between the fiberglass work and shaping the foam but you get exactly what you want and it fits the bike like a glove. The bike is essentially done except I need to finish the exhaust.  I started fabricating a stainless exhaust with a supertrapp a while back but I need to get motivated to jump in and finish it.

Lefty:
I have a SuperTrapp on mine, mated to the thumperstuff header. I cut the rear mount off the original muffler & welded it to the SuperTrapp, sounds really good with I think 7 or 8 discs. Looking foreward to seeing what you come up with for yours. Cheers, Lefty

Dynachuck:
Thanks for the info, This is what I have so far.  My wife also is talking about wanting a black pipe now. Which would mean starting over. Supertrapp is IMHO the best sounding muffler. I even run one on my Harley.

ausFT:
This bike is gorgeous! Love the Harley tank.

Nice work  ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version