First Generation Ascots > Classified Ads

High Performance Exhaust System For The FT500

<< < (3/10) > >>

J6G1Z:
That's the EMGO reverse megaphone. I have one on my hybrid bike & it's loud. It's a straight through design with a perforated core, but I don't think there is much to any sound damping material inside.

EMGO also has a reverse megaphone that the end comes off so you can re-pack the sound damping material.

Here is a link to more info: http://www.emgo.com/images/pdf/2013_Muffler.pdf

Good luck
J.

thewiddaman:
I would commit to a system even though it would have to be shipped to the UK.

J6G1Z:
I touched bases with the manufacturer about a week & a half ago. He's finally in a financial position to approach a few machine shops to get quotes on the finish grinding or cutting that needs to be performed. Hopefully he will have some pipes ready to be sold in the next month or two.

Meanwhile anyone who is interested, needs to start saving up so you will have enough money to place an order soon. It will be somewhat embarrasing to me if I'm the only one that places an order. I need to save up for two of them.

Keep in mind that the original header pipes on our Ascots are dual wall tubing. They are notorious for having rust develop in between the tubes to the point that the two tubes seperate & begin to rattle real bad. So far, I've been lucky & both of my bikes haven't suffered this fate, but it's only a matter of time.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that this is THE last run of after-market performance headers for our bikes. After these are sold, that will probably be the end of availability.

Start saving those pennies.
J.

thumperdh:
Great to hear J. I just started to notice some rattle from my pipes since I've been wearing a 3/4 shell helmet around town now.

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: thumperdh on February 02, 2014, 10:47:36 am ---Great to hear J. I just started to notice some rattle from my pipes since I've been wearing a 3/4 shell helmet around town now.
--- End quote ---

Yep, It happens. You can fix it by cutting some small holes on the backside of the tubes where you can't normally see them. Then weld the inner tube to the outer tube through the holes that you cut. It's a band-aide, but it's the easiest way that I'm aware of to cure the rattle.

Good luck
J.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version