First Generation Ascots > The Thumper Years: Modified To Full Customs

My FT500/CBR600 Hybrid Project...

<< < (8/8)

scottly:
Hey J, sorry for not responding sooner about your jetting question, but I've been out of town for work.
I had the same symptoms when I fitted the K&N filter directly to the air-box boot. This was corrected by fitting a larger main jet, in my case a jet drilled to 185, although I'll probably fit a "real" 190 when I get around to it. ;)
For now the bike runs great, so it's sort of a "don't fix it if it ain't broke" thing. ;D

Slyphon:
Hi J6,

I just got a couple questions on your custom dash.

What did you use to secure the gauge, ignition and choke in your fabricated "dash"?

How's it work when driving down the road, does the vibration cause much issue with legibility?

What'd you do with the old fuse box that use to double as handlebar clamps? Where'd you place it and how did you rewire the fuse?

I'd be close to having my bike running again once I get this damn dash mounted.

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: Slyphon on June 15, 2015, 01:13:59 pm --- Hi J6,

I just got a couple questions on your custom dash.

What did you use to secure the gauge, ignition and choke in your fabricated "dash"?

How's it work when driving down the road, does the vibration cause much issue with legibility?

What'd you do with the old fuse box that use to double as handlebar clamps? Where'd you place it and how did you rewire the fuse?

I'd be close to having my bike running again once I get this damn dash mounted.
--- End quote ---

Greetings,

My "dash" is a very simple plate. I drilled two mounting holes for the gauge & a larger hole for the wires to go through, plus a hole for the reset button. Then another hole down below for the ignition & one on the side for the choke. Be careful not to over tighten the bolts on the gauge or the ignition. You might crack the plastic case. I can read it just fine whenever I look at it.

I disassembled that fuse box to the backing plate & wrapped it with electrical tape. It barely fits into the headlight. A couple of inline fuse holders would be a better solution.

Good luck
J.

J6G1Z:
Anyone interested in buying this Ascot?

Thinking about cutting it loose.

I can be reached at: SS44 at Hotmail.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version