Second Generation Ascots > The V-Twin Years: Stock To Lightly Modified

NOS MAC Dual Exhaust Available For The VT500FT Ascot

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bucko:
Are these the same pipes?

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: Bucko on September 05, 2013, 04:09:04 pm --- Are these the same pipes? 
--- End quote ---

Yep, those are the ones.

J.

Bucko:
Too bad they're not available in a gloss black which IMHO would look better given everything else being blacked out.

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: Bucko on September 06, 2013, 01:04:51 pm --- Too bad they're not available in a gloss black which IMHO would look better given everything else being blacked out.
--- End quote ---

They were, back in the day. You had a choice of chrome or a black ceramic type of coating. I bought a pair of the black ones back in 1988, I believe. The baffle ends were coated in a bright red & looked hideous. I sand blasted the ends & painted them black to look much better. I'm guessing that the black exhaust systems out sold the chrome ones & that's why the chrome ones are all that's left over. You can always have them ceramic coated in black.

J.

Bucko:
Yes, thought of that, but my experience is that the ceramic finish doesn't really hold up; it will last for a couple of seasons if it doesn't get wet but if riding in the rain, prepare to re-finish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version