Second Generation Ascots > The V-Twin Years: Modified To Full Customs

Other VT500's ?

<< < (2/6) > >>

cdntfindanAscot:

--- Quote from: Dougie on August 19, 2013, 07:53:13 am ---Interested to see how it turns out  :)

Keep us posted.

Was interested in using this frame myself to benefit from the potentally lower seat height that this frame will allow.

--- End quote ---

Probably worth pointing out that as well as the seat subframe being different the front fork rake is a bit more kicked out on the shadow frame than on the euro and (i imagine) the ascot - so it will be interesting to see how it handles in the bends  ???

Dougie:
Just slide the fork tubes through the yokes/triples to suit.

The tube length is much greater than the available station travel and wheel clearance to radiator.

cdntfindanAscot:
Decisions decisions!

Got a temporary coat of pint on the frame now and trying do decide on side covers. So I got the card and duct tape out but I'm unsure - I think a 'full' triangle side panel may look a touch on the heavy side  :-\

Any opinions? Square, oval, triangle, other or naked?

cdntfindanAscot:
or oval # board?

J6G1Z:
I think that the only way that naked would look good, is if there was only a UNI type of filter showing in the frame triangle. You would need to remove the airbox & hide the battery somehow.

I'm partial to the square number plate look, as that is the most Flat-Tracker looking.

The triangle filled in, with the oval added, looks real good, but I think the oval needs to be bigger, or lowered to match the top of the triangle & cover the top of the shock.

I think this bike has real nice side plates: http://ascot500.com/index.php?topic=13.0

J.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version