'Round The Campfire > Cool Rides & Adventures...

What Have You Done With Your Ascot Lately?

<< < (2/5) > >>

J6G1Z:
The weather has been real cold but dry, so I've been able to go for a few rides over the last 2-3 weeks. Have to take it easy & be on the constant look out for ice though as the temps have been in the 20's & 30's.

I haven't accomplished much in the Shop on my FT/CBR hybrid. I've been waiting for the wheels to return from the powder coaters & then I need to scrounge up enough money for new tires & mounting. Kind of hard to scrounge up any cash during this time of year with Christmas right around the corner. Sure wish Santa still stopped by my house with surprise gifts. LOL!

How about the rest of you all? Been on any cool rides, or made any progress on your projects?

J.

scottly:
I got my FT titled, registered, and insured today!  8) 8) Time to see if the butt dyno matches the real dyno. ;D

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: scottly on May 30, 2014, 10:18:41 pm --- I got my FT titled, registered, and insured today!  8) 8) Time to see if the butt dyno matches the real dyno. ;D 
--- End quote ---

Titled, registered & insured.... Do you have any money left to fill up the tank?  ;)

Enjoy that test ride & please let us know the results.

J.

scottly:
It wasn't bad: $65 to transfer the CA title to AZ, and 2 years registration, $30 of which went for the "convenience fee" charged by the service I used. I would gladly pay $30 to avoid a trip to the MVD!!! ;D ;D
Rode the bike for about 20 miles, half on road and half off road. It will accelerate briskly from a stop to 65 MPH, and pull smoothly from as low as 2K RPM without a hiccup or fart. So far, I'm very pleased! :D

J6G1Z:
Ah yes... Arizona has some fairly reasonable DMV fee's for older vehicles. What part of Az are you located in? Send me a PM if you don't want to answer publicly. I grew up in the hottest corner of the State near the Az, Ca, Nv, border.

A trip to the DMV to title & register a bike where I live now, costs in the $200 range. ::) >:(

J.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version