Author Topic: Anyone have issues with MAC exhaust?  (Read 11495 times)

JACoH

Anyone have issues with MAC exhaust?
« on: July 22, 2018, 11:42:39 am »
So, needed to replace entire exhaust system, ordered a new MAC chrome set. The front pipe is almost an inch too long fitting into cylinder, so that the collar does not even reach the studs. Have tried for 2 weeks to get response from MAC, even talked to Manny there, still no satisfaction to get a replacement. Anyone else had this issue of not fitting correctly?

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone have issues with MAC exhaust?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 09:23:18 am »
Have not heard of any problems before. I've owned two sets over the years & they fit. Have you tried the phone?

Good luck
J.

JACoH

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 07:04:27 pm »
Oh yeah, by "even talked to Manny there", that was a phone conversation. What is irksome is not even acknowledging me, I didn't know if they were checking or not. Today, I talked to "JR", he was good enough to go measure their inventory and we determined the pipe I have is correct, the issue is the studs in my cylinder were replaced with shorter ones. and since I didn't get the bike with pipes on it, I didn't notice this discrepancy, I will get longer studs, and all is well.

veetee500

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 04:12:50 am »
Was really nice of the guys at Mac to take the time to help you out. Above and beyond! Sounds like a good group of guys. I have built many bikes and it is GREAT to have a company out there that makes aftermarket pipes especially for old bikes. It is fun to build your own but sometimes alot easier, quicker and cheaper to just purchase a set. Need to keep these kinda guys around!