Author Topic: Can anyone post a pic of their STOCK rear master cylinder.  (Read 14596 times)

greenjeans

Title says is all.  Having trouble finding an original.  75% sure mine is an aftermarket of some kind.  Trying to find a rebuild kit, but want to make sure what I have first.

Can someone shoot a pic of one that they know is stock ?   Or, have one to sell ?

scottly

• Humboldt, AZ USA
Re: Can anyone post a pic of their STOCK rear master cylinder.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 01:45:40 am »
This is what I have handy:

greenjeans

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 10:23:00 am »
Thanks Scotty, mine is a hair different

scottly

• Humboldt, AZ USA
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 08:07:52 pm »
Here is a pic of mine mounted. Also, notice how the stock brake pedal runs right past where the kick-start shaft would be.

greenjeans

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 09:57:48 am »
Ah crap - mine actually has a kickstarter shaft installed.   I suspect the PO added one because the starter relay solenoid failed among other things.  I got the solenoid going but the starter sounds like a box of rocks.  Not sure what I'm going to do now.   Took the starter solenoid cover off to inspect the solenoid at the starter.  It looked new.  But the starter pinion gear doesn't look so hot, which is a shame as it looks brand new.  New replacements don't seem to be available, and the used ones are ridiculous.   The starter reduction gear looks good as does the gear on the fly wheel.   Hmmmm.    Until I get a game plan, I just roll it down the drive way to bump start it to save those gears until I figure out what I'm going to do.