Author Topic: Greetings from Ohio  (Read 13120 times)

spdkilz02

Greetings from Ohio
« on: December 06, 2016, 08:06:08 pm »
Hello everyone, my name is Adam, I live in Ohio. I am new to the forum, and more importantly new to the Honda Ascots. My father in law used to race an Ascot here in Ohio at Mid-Ohio, and also had an '82 to ride on the road for fun. Well he passed away this past February, and now my wife is the executor of his estate. She is responsible for selling all of his belongings. If things work out, I would like to buy the '82 Ascot, but all the other items must be sold. I wasn't sure if there is anyone around this area that might be able to help identify what some of the parts are, or that might even be interested in some of the items?

We have the road race bike which is titled, but doesn't have the lights on it anymore. A complete engine, 2 frames with titles, one of them I believe has a rear wheel, engine, and front forks on it. Plus we have various pieces and parts laying around the garage.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: Greetings from Ohio
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 08:27:59 pm »
Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I don't know of anyone in your area, but there might be.

Please feel free to post pictures of parts for help in identifying them.

Good luck
J.

spdkilz02

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:42:34 pm »
Here are some pics of the race bike.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:51:19 pm »
Looks nice!

When you have some time, back the bike out by itself & take several pictures 360 degrees around the bike. See if you can take a picture that shows the carb, exhaust pipe, engine, suspension on each end, brakes, along with the rest of the bike. Maybe that will display what level of modifications may have been done.

J.

spdkilz02

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 09:05:36 pm »
That's a good idea. I will see if I can do that this weekend. They are calling for a decent snow storm.