Author Topic: SIDEWINDER SPROCKETS - Custom Sprockets Made In The USA  (Read 9670 times)

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
SIDEWINDER SPROCKETS - Custom Sprockets Made In The USA
« on: October 22, 2013, 07:53:24 pm »
I have been looking for a 520 chain conversion kit for my FT500/CBR Hybrid Bike & have not been able to find a sprocket manufacturer that makes a 39 tooth rear sprocket for an '89 Hurricane CBR600 rear wheel in steel. There are several companies that produce aluminum rear sprockets that would work, but not steel. I wasn't too excited about running an aluminum sprocket on a street bike due to longevity issues. After a couple of hours searching the I'net & placing a few calls, I finally located & called Sidewinder Sprockets out of St. Charles, Illinois. I spoke to a gentleman named Andy who was very knowledgeable & helpful. He assured me that my order of a Honda FT500 16 tooth countershaft & a 39 tooth steel sprocket for an '89 Hurricane rear wheel would be no problem. I also ordered the 520 chain & their house brand of specially blended chain lube.

Not only do they manufacture high carbon steel sprockets, but they can also manufacture a sprocket out of aluminum, stainless steel, tool steel & two types of titanium for the ultimate in light weight, strength & performance.

Please check out both of their web-sites, there is a huge amount of information available on sprockets & chains, etc.
http://www.sidewindersprockets.com
http://www.sidewinderpowersports.com

And please feel free to call them for any other information, or to place an order. Just ask for Andy & tell him that you heard about him from the Ascot Forum.

Thank you
J6G1Z

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: SIDEWINDER SPROCKETS - Custom Sprockets Made In The USA
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 01:21:06 pm »
Well after some problems with one of their machines holding up production, I just received my new drive set. It took a bit longer than expected, but it wasn't a problem in this situation. Just be aware that a custom made sprocket may take 30 or so days. The sprockets look great! Especially the rear sprocket... There is no excess material at all, plus the cuts & the machine finish is excellent!