Author Topic: Second FT500, from cafe-resto to full out street-tracker  (Read 13200 times)

j-min

Second FT500, from cafe-resto to full out street-tracker
« on: May 16, 2016, 12:22:15 am »
Hi all, thought I'd share my bike!

My first ride was a FT500 that my dad built when i was 16 years old. After riding it for a few years and becoming bored of it (i know right!) I sold it and left the bike scene for a number of years. I'm back in it now and am building a street tracker to my own taste.

Heres what the first bike looked like

And heres what the new bike currently looks like  lol

The current bike has a new engine w/weisco high comp piston, compression release, and kick start. I have to figure out how to make the kick start work with the FT brake lever and pegs on that side still...

Front forks are CB900C units slid into FT clamps. I'm still unsure of how they will perform, but the dual discs are sure to help??
More to come..

j-min

Re: Second FT500, from cafe-resto to full out street-tracker
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 04:01:14 pm »
took apart the front forks and made lowering spacers (2") and lowered the legs slightly in the clamps. Rear wheel painted, front wheel prepped for paint.

Started modding the OEM brake pedal to clear XR500 kickstart, works great so far. Just need to extend it and raise it a bit. Then onto final welding and finishing. Next on the list is figuring out a foot peg scenario.....

j-min

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 01:40:21 am »

More updates. Duro tires arrived, put exhaust on, and re-assembled the CB900 forks with new seals and bushings. Exhaust is on too! Next up is seat and a different tank (the one that is on there is god aweful and is off a honda of some sort)

j-min

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 01:07:14 am »

Front wheel is finally done, and a few misc things you cant see (engine/wiring stuff)