Author Topic: Does anyone know the make/brand of this seat pan and seat?  (Read 10711 times)

johnnymot1

Does anyone know the make/brand of this seat pan and seat?
« on: April 14, 2015, 10:02:04 am »
Does anyone know who makes and sells this seat pan/seat combo pictured here on this FT500? Considering it for my tracker build.

There's also another on on ebay that the seller uses as a model to sell a cafe reverse cone muffler, similar to the emgo mufflers for the thumper stuff exhaust running the same seat combo. Interested enough in it to take a look at it and the specs etc to see if it will work for my build.

triguyracer

Re: Does anyone know the make/brand of this seat pan and seat?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 11:45:49 am »
The seat looks to be a xr750 Harley Davidson,if you are looking for a fiberglass seat or another you can go to vft.org  it is a web site I use a lot for my vintage triumph race  stuff.go to the product for racers section for products,also the racers for sale or the street bikes and mx ers for sale section you will be able to find things you might need,there are a number of people making seats and tanks,  hope this helps you   

Dolby67

Lefty

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 01:41:45 pm »
The line below the seat looks different on the XR SEAT. Both are pretty cool, I like that tail light/tag bracket from the site, I might get one.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 08:55:35 am »
Looks like a variation of a H&D XR750 seat. Several after-market companies produce them. You just need to make sure that you can find one that is narrow enough to fit a singles frame rails. Along with HotWing Glass, here is another company that I know of: http://www.airtech-streamlining.com

Here is a page with some Tech articles on how to make your own seat pan & a way to mount it: http://www.dimecitycycles.com/dccdiatribe/category/tech-articles/

Good luck
J.