Author Topic: HiFloFiltro replacement air filter  (Read 11530 times)

WTF304

HiFloFiltro replacement air filter
« on: January 21, 2015, 12:13:50 am »
Hi Flo Filtro is the only company i found that makes a factory replacement air filter. Not sure if anyone is still using the factory airbox but i see alot of you guys are burning the old element out. No idea if this is for performance reasons or simply cause you think it was completely obsolete. Picked up mine today, cost was around 18 $ only have to take the "snorkel" tube and the filter seal off your old one and place it on the HiFloFiltro replacement. Part # HFA1503 .... sometimes it's not listed as such but Part # 1011-2627 is the other number if it can't be found on the first #. Ordered it from a local shop

WTF304

Re: HiFloFiltro replacement air filter
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 12:26:24 am »
Here is an actual image

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 05:54:19 am »
Nice find.

Most folks burn out an old filter so they can use the cage with a sheet of oiled foam filter.

Most folks remove the rubber snorkel for more air flow.

J.

thumperdh

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 01:07:22 pm »
I've used both HiFlo and an oiled foam filter over the past couple years for testing and what I found is this. It doesn't really matter. Both do the same job as far as I can tell.
1982 FT500
Conti Classic Attack tires
Foam filter mod
Round headlight
Rejetted carb
Progressive springs
Supertrapp muffler
Thumperstuff header

WTF304

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 07:20:58 pm »
Just showing that it is still available, I just came to the assumption that people were making their own cause getting one wasn't an option anymore.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 08:08:15 am »
The burning of the filter was to remove the paper element. Then a sheet of UNI type of foam is cut to roll up & fit inside the cage. After the correct size of foam has been finalized, the foam is oiled & placed inside the cage. The practice was performed to provide a user cleanable filter & to flow more air. Same with removing the rubber intake snorkel. The snorkel is considered to be a restriction to flow. Of course the jetting will need to be richened up some.

J.

WTF304

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 07:06:32 pm »
I was thinking of cutting the snorkel down some so i still have the end of it, this way more of the filter can actually filter the bad stuff instead of just the most inner part. Keep the outer end so air can be pulled in from one direction instead of all over the place. Any thoughts ? ....