Author Topic: New owner x 2  (Read 9485 times)

Chronic

New owner x 2
« on: November 22, 2014, 11:59:46 am »
Hello, i have just brought 2 pcs of Honda FT 500 -82 here in Sweden. I used to look at pictures of them from time to time and thinking that it would be sweet to cut it down to a single seater, and drastically lowering of front light assembly.

So now a brougth one to test my vision, the other one just came long:)

I have started the rebuilt, allmost done, will post pictures.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: New owner x 2
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 06:34:50 pm »
Welcome & please post up your pictures. I'm sure everyone would like to see another Ascot.

Thanks
J.

Lefty

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 05:01:57 am »
Welcome! Looking forward to some photos of your build!

Chronic

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 11:39:06 am »
Thanks for nice welcome, finally i got this bike i wanted, started and drove it first time today, runs great! The original FlatTrack :)

In sweden its huge right now to build Flattrack, caferacer, Bratstyle, etc from early eightys commuterbikes 400cc, 500cc, 650cc etc

But this one, its the real deal allready from the start ;)

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 10:07:06 am »
Maybe it's due to growing up & racing a small dirt track back in the mid 70's, but I find the classic Flat Tracker bike to be one of the best looking bikes ever built.

To find that they are actually fairly comfortable to ride on the street for long periods is an excellent bonus. Plus the handling of a simple single cylinder thumper is usually very good. They just make for a great all around street performance bike. Much more comfortable than a classic cafe bike. I think a lot of people are turned off by the bastardization of many of the "cafe" bikes out there these days. Some are nothing more than a rat bike cruiser with upside down handlebars. The "Street Tracker" type of bikes are becoming the new Cafe. LOL!

J.