Author Topic: exuast syatem  (Read 34477 times)

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: exuast syatem
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2015, 10:10:41 am »
I'll bet that end-cap will look real nice after a gentle bead blasting, or some time with some wet & dry fine sandpaper & a polishing compound.

J.

triguyracer

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2015, 03:00:57 pm »
Thanks Scott the type end cap I am looking for is the kind that a rod goes thru the center of the end cap to hold the plates.They are three and thirteen sixtenths wide and they are the cone shaped one.Looked on the supertrapps web site,quess I will have to call them as they don't show that type on there site.I will find one or worst case have to fab one up myself if I can not find one 

Chronic

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2015, 05:11:46 am »
Thanks for the info I will keep my eye out for one.From what year crf if you know was the one you used?

It´s from a 2007

triguyracer

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2015, 03:58:39 pm »
Found a end cap, cost me a bit but works xclnt with six suppertrapp plates in it.Took it for a 10 mile ride and it runs xclnt thru the whole rev range and pulls xclnt with the jetting I am using, a 180 main, shimmed neddle 25 thou and the 58 pilot.Just enough sound to not sound like a washing machine and not to much to be to loud,on to the next thing.Would like to go with a lith battery but cost is quit high,or 520 chain conversion,next will be a front spring conversion as the stock setup is junk and change the footpegs.you can buy alloy folding pegs on ebay for 20 dollars,then all you have to do is make a almost  triangler template out cardboard that matches your footpeg  brackets and cut a piece of alloy plate of your liking in thickness.Then cut it and drill the mount holes and then drill the hole in a place of your liking for the foot pegs.cheap to do and only about a hours time in work if you take your time,its a good chunk of weight and costs little.Trying to cut weight without cutting any tabs or pieces off the frame.Wire wheels ? who knows but this a fun bike and I have not riddin my 2007 Suzuki sv1000s but one time in the last 6 weeks tells you how much fun this little thumper is