Author Topic: Brrrr... It's Cold Outside!!!  (Read 14513 times)

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Brrrr... It's Cold Outside!!!
« on: November 19, 2014, 10:48:17 am »
Well winter has arrived in the Pacific Northwest & it has been cold, windy, icy & nasty! The mornings are starting off at around 29 degrees & the wind is gusting up into the 50+mph range. Real nice outside! It's even too cold to work in my shed. I understand how some pioneer women would lose their mind after being trapped in a cabin for weeks on end & listening to the never ending howling of the wind.

How are the rest of you faring?

J.

Luke

Re: Brrrr... It's Cold Outside!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 03:54:17 pm »
Lot's of snow already .... my Jeep loves it!

1984 VT500FT - WIP

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 05:46:12 pm »
Jeeps & snow can make for lots of fun!

J.

thumperdh

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 09:18:56 pm »
Man, I always feel bad for northern riders at the time of year. I wore shorts and flip flops as we headed to the left coast to pick up an EX500 parts bike today.  8)
1982 FT500
Conti Classic Attack tires
Foam filter mod
Round headlight
Rejetted carb
Progressive springs
Supertrapp muffler
Thumperstuff header

Luke

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 12:15:26 am »
Awesome! :)
1984 VT500FT - WIP

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 09:20:35 am »
It's warmed up to the 40+ range right now & I'm back to wearing shorts outside. It's the regular ole rainy & gloomy weather that everyone thinks about if you've been up to the Pacific Northwest in the winter. The winter temperatures are usually fairly mild except for these cold snaps that blow in from time to time. Winter riding probably isn't too bad if you don't mind getting wet. Most of my bikes are "dry pavement queens" except for possibly my VT Ascot. She's been outside in the rain off & on most of it's life before she came to me. I just prefer to stay on dry pavement if possible.

Anyone else been out riding lately? The desert folks should be in some prime riding weather about now.

J.

Joe D.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 11:11:23 am »
I took a short ride the other day, it was 41 and sunny. I really need to invest in some heated grips though, only part of me that gets cold is my hands.