Author Topic: A Video Of My VT500FT In Action...  (Read 13663 times)

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
A Video Of My VT500FT In Action...
« on: October 08, 2014, 09:24:43 am »
Here is my first attempt at a riding video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksfzlYg-xF0

J.

Lefty

Re: A Video Of My VT500FT In Action...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 09:36:19 am »
Looks like a fun rod to ride!
Where was the camera mounted?

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 10:00:38 am »
It's a great road! It's an old highway that has been replaced. They recently performed a bit of road repair & re-surfaced the street. Made it real nice.

I have a Go-Pro camera & one of these mounts: http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-ACMPM-001-Jaws-Clamp-Mount/dp/B00F19Q2R0/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1412776301&sr=8-10&keywords=gopro+mounts
I originally had planned to mount the camera on the right side of the bike, but I couldn't get a secure mount. So I pulled the left side cover off & clamped onto the frame tube closest to the batteries negative cable. I then bent the mounting stalk around my left leg & aimed the camera at the road. These cameras don't have a view finder on them, so you have to eyeball it, shoot some video & see what all is in the lens. I like that you can just make out my left hand operating the clutch. I was surprised at how loud the clunk is when the bike finds the next gear. The shaft drive creates a bit of noise also.

I have much to learn about this little camera & shooting quality video. I was disappointed that there isn't the sensation of speed in the video. Maybe that's a good thing in case a law enforcement officer watches the video. Of course I'm sure you all know that I follow the posted speed limits at all times.... No matter how abandoned or lonely the road is. ;) :D

Thanks
J.

Luke

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 02:12:37 pm »
Awesome! I could sense the speed...

I can't wait for next spring!

1984 VT500FT - WIP