Author Topic: How To Subscribe To Posts & Topics...  (Read 11875 times)

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
How To Subscribe To Posts & Topics...
« on: August 16, 2014, 11:04:52 am »
There is a feature to "subscribe" to the posts or threads that interest you. When you start a topic, or reply to a topic, type in the information that you want in your post. Then before you hit the "post" button, look below the input box to the "Attachments and other options". Click on that button just like if you wanted to post a picture. Once it opens up, there are several small boxes that you can select. Click on the box that has "Notify me of replies" next to it. Now you should receive an e-mail whenever there is a new post to that topic.

I believe that there is also a feature in your personal user control panel you can select, that automatically subscribes you to every post that you make.

Good luck
J.

Dougie

Re: How To Subscribe To Posts & Topics...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:53:25 pm »
Keen to find out what other peoples experiences are with other sites.

Are you automatically subscribed or not.

What are your preferences?

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: How To Subscribe To Posts & Topics...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 02:36:41 pm »
I just spent some time surfing around my various admin pages & settings. I'll be damned if I can find the correct page to change that setting to auto subscribe. I seem to recall seeing it before & selecting not to have the auto subscribe feature working. I figured that members would rather select it for themselves.

If you all want to have the auto subscribe feature turned on, just let me know & I'll keep looking for it.

I believe that each member can select to automatically receive an e-mail when someone replies to their post. It's in your user control panel.

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks
J.