First Generation Ascots > The Thumper Years: Modified To Full Customs

Dutch FT project

<< < (2/38) > >>

mike:
Ah... I live just round the corner from you and I've got an Ft500 on-going project too...

mike:
heres another pic of mine

mike:
Since buying it for €350 a year ago with just 20000 on the clock I have changed the cam chain, fork seals, steering head bearings. Cosmetically, I fitted a bottom mount bates style headlamp... fits very easily onto the steering lock lug once the steering lock is removed. I removed a big chunk of the rear subframe and fitted a short rear mudguard with BSA rear light and sawed off the back of the original saddle and stretched the cover back over which I think looks surprisingly good. The handlebars were also replaced as were the clocks for little stainless steel items found on ebay. New indicators fitted nicely onto the original rear bodywork mouting lugs. I too ride it more often now than my other bikes... it's a great little around town bike and perfect for short blasts up to the beach here in The Hague!

FT500R:
Hi Mike,

great to see another Dutch FT'er here, did you read my post on motor-forum or are you a regular at the yahoo groups as well. If you need any spare parts let me know, I have about 2 whole ft's in spares.

I think I've seen your bike once or twice on the Elandstraat (right around my corner).
I like what you've done with it so far, more plans for the future?

For me the top priority now is to get the front brake reassembled. The distance between the original caliper mounts on the CBR forks and the brake disc is really big. I don't know if I should put a bracket between the caliper and the fork mounts or a (big) spacer between the wheel and the disc. I've also scored a couple of 4 cup calipers which I would rather install than making a bracket for the shitty original caliper. Unfortunately I do not have a lot of time and just as J pointed out I'm working in the street.

Cheers pau

mike:
yes that would be me popping in Albert Schwein... I have some LEDs that I'd like to mount as odiot lights and wouldn't mind getting rid of side panels etc... Are you going to this Retro Wheels Festival in Scheveningen on 15/9?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version