Author Topic: looking for VT500 ASCOT side panels (and other parts)  (Read 16094 times)

wilfone

looking for VT500 ASCOT side panels (and other parts)
« on: April 10, 2014, 04:28:30 am »
Hello!

I live in France and I'm looking for VT500FT ASCOT side panels (or copies) and maybe some parts (tank, rear fairings....)
I hope someone will read my ad... :-\
...and  also help me ::)

bye!

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: looking for VT500 ASCOT side panels (and other parts)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:01:58 am »
Welcome Wilfone,

Have you tried searching eBay? Unfortunately that is most likely going to be your best bet.

It's also a good idea when you own a vintage bike like the Ascot to look for & try to pick up a "parts bike" to scavenge parts from.

What color is your Ascot? Black or red?

Good luck
J.

PS. Check out this highly customized Ascot & see what you think of the side panels that he fabricated. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ascotvt500enthusiasts/photos/albums/439561376
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:12:33 am by J6G1Z »

wilfone

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 03:46:09 am »
Hie!
Yes I've try EBAY, but no side panels (just one, but the seller does ship to France).  I' ll try this link.
The color is not a problem, you know, the VT500FT has not been marketed in France, we had just the vtc and vte, I am trying to rebuild one.

Thanks a lot

Wilfreed

P.S. : Do you think that it's possible to found someone who can make a copy of side panel on the forum?

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 10:42:28 am »
Wilfone,

I have a pair of black side panels that I might consider selling. They are NOT in very good condition, as at least one is cracked & someone tried to glue it to repair it. The stickers were peeled off & left a bunch of adhesive debris on the side plates. I think all the mounting studs are still good, but it has been a while since I really looked at them. Here are a few pictures of the bike when I first brought it home. If you are interested, I'll dig them up & take some close up pictures for you.

I've never mailed anything outside of the United States before. You will have to clue me in on what all is involved.

Thanks
J.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 10:51:10 am »
I also have a black fuel tank, but it is a bit rough also. The clearcoat is peeling off the top of the tank & there is about a 3-4 inch dent in the right side.

Have you signed up to be a member of the Yahoo VT500 Ascot Owners Group? They are a much larger group of Ascot owners. I believe there is about 900 to 1000 members. If you are not a member, you should sign up & post your inquiries there also. Here is a link: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ascotvt500enthusiasts/info

Good luck
J.

wilfone

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 04:24:11 pm »
Hie!

Yes I'm very interested and if you can take other pictures it would be great!
I would also be interested in the gas tank (is it rusted inside?)
Can you give me a price?
For the shipment to France, I think there's no specific conditions by American Post Service for the side panels. For the tank, I think it would be preferable that there is no smell of gasoline...

Thanks a lot!

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 09:07:55 pm »
Here are a few pictures of the tank in this post: http://ascot500.com/index.php?topic=164.0

It doesn't show the dent. I don't recall if it is rusty inside, but it probably has some light rust. I do not have the cap for it.

I'll see if I can't take some better pictures over the week-end.

J.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 06:48:41 pm »
Wilfone,

Check your e-mail. I sent you an e-mail with several pictures.

J.

wilfone

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 05:15:30 am »
OK thanks! :)

cdntfindanAscot

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 02:14:19 pm »
If the shipping from the states is cost prohibitive there are quite a few ads for Ascot parts in Holland, so shipping may be a little more reasonable. (btw nothing to do with me :))
http://www.marktplaats.nl/z.html?query=vt500+ascot&categoryId=0&postcode=&distance=0

http://translate.google.com

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 02:49:06 pm »
The parts that I have are what I consider to be on the somewhat "rough" side. It would probably be worth your while to wait for something better.

J.

wilfone

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 04:54:57 am »
Hello everybody!

Ok! I thank you very much anyway J6G1Z ! (I hope you understand my poor english)
If I don't find in Netherlands, can I contact you again? ::)

I thank you too cdntfindanAscot, I contacted someone who sells a complete bike... ::)

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 10:19:21 am »
Hello everybody!

Ok! I thank you very much anyway J6G1Z ! (I hope you understand my poor english)
If I don't find in Netherlands, can I contact you again? ::)

I thank you too cdntfindanAscot, I contacted someone who sells a complete bike... ::)

No problem & your English is fine. You will be so much better off if you can find either a better condition bike to begin with, or find a parts bike that has what you need.

Good luck
J.