'Round The Campfire > Cool Rides & Adventures...

So... What All Have You Done To Your Ascot?

(1/2) > >>

J6G1Z:
I have an '83 FT that is mostly stock. It is a fairly low mile bike & I plan to keep it as original as possible.

Either I, or the P/O, have performed most to all of the tricks described in the "Ascot Essentials" such as the petcock mod, air-box mod, jetting, 16 tooth countershaft sprocket & a Cobra F1 slip on muffler. These tricks have turned the bike into a great runner. I have also changed the original tires to a pair of Avon Road Riders. The bike is intended to be strictly a street bike & dual-purpose tires would just not do for me.

I ride the bike fairly aggressively & love the twisty mountain back roads.

I have picked up another FT500 that was involved in a low speed dump. That bike is receiving the full treatment more or less & will make for another posting down the road.

J.

UPDATE: I have since installed the ThumperStuff performance header & the Rick's CDI ignition. The bike runs even better than ever.

huskyfrk:
  the  bike  begs  for suspension  work.  unfortunetly  that  is  big  money  for  the forks  to be  done up  right.  shocks  can  be  had  for  a  reasonable  price...    did  a  supertrapp    can  from  a  FJ 1100  on  mine.  K & N in  the  stock  air box.  rifle  1/4  fairing. and  big gearing  changes  + 1 on  the CS  and  down  3 teeth on  the  rear,  along  w  quality  rubber....

troy_mclure:
im just doing the cheap or basics:
carb jets, chain and front sprocket, forks heavy oil, brighter headlight.

still to do:
shocks, foam air filter, seat re-padded.

Dougie:
Seized it!!! :(

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: Dougie on September 15, 2013, 01:23:29 pm --- Seized it!!! :(
--- End quote ---

OH NO!!! :o  :'(

How'd you manage that?

J.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version