The Ascot 500 Forum > Welcome

From the sunny UK

(1/3) > >>

hondapartsman:
It is today, honest, although I'm not riding right now being at the end of a long recovery from cancer surgery, won't be long now though. Anyway, just a quick hi from an Ascot owner (VT500FT) here in sunny Suffolk, UK ( yes sun again, well we have to make the most of it over here) . My own bike is a Canadian market bike, which got to the UK via the Netherlands and has been under my care for about three years now. I also happen to be a parts guy at a Honda dealers, which makes it no easier to get parts for something like this. But as it's my sunny days only shiny bike with others to take the load other days hopefully I'll not need much in the way of parts beyond the small selection I got with it.  So hi, we did of course get the FT500 over here, but being Brits they thought we'd not cope with the Ascot name so here it was just a FT500C. One of those I never had, although tempted, I just didn't trust the starter gears.

J6G1Z:
Welcome hondapartsman,

Glad to hear that you're having a Sun day. I'm located in the Pacific Northwest & understand about having good sun days. I hope that your recovery is quick & sound. Please feel free to post up some pics of your Ascot & your other bikes for that matter.

Please explain about the Ascot name being a problem. To the best of my knowledge, the bike is named after a well known Flat Track race track at Ascot Park or Ascot Raceway.

Good luck
J.

J6G1Z:
Hey there hondapartsman,

Check out this post from one of your neighbors: http://ascot500.com/index.php?topic=25.0

He couldn't locate an Ascot to buy, so he built his own! It turned out real nice.

Thanks
J.

hondapartsman:
Thank you for your welcome.  That guy who made is own is how I got here in the first place, the link was posted on the yahoo Ascot site.  I was impressed, I guess I was lucky to find mine which was in very good order for a close to 30 year old bike, that's why it remains my sunny days only bike. Even if these days it has to live outside under covers. The thing about names was a sort of in joke, it often seems we get bikes over here which have names in other countries, but for some reason we just have model names. I.E the CBR600 and CBR1000, elsewhere they were called Hurricanes, not here, VF and VFR750F models, called interceptor elsewhere but not here. It often seems that Honda, and maybe other manufacturers, seem to think Brits can't cope with names. I'll see about those pics when I get around to it, sometimes I take a while to work out how to add these things.

J6G1Z:
When it comes to posting pics on this site, there are a couple of ways to go about it. There is a "Testing" board down at the bottom of the forum for members to practice & experiment with. Here is a post on how to post pics using the forums built in feature: http://ascot500.com/index.php?topic=2.0

Good luck
J.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version