Author Topic: Does your temperature rise??  (Read 8324 times)

cdntfindanAscot

Does your temperature rise??
« on: February 17, 2014, 10:42:20 am »
Gents
Having removed my clocks and gauges and replacing the temp gauge with a single tri-colour LED (blue= cold, green = good, red=hot)widget , I need to do a little fine tuning of said widget.(you adjust the colour change 'points' by adjusting some pots)
Went out for its first ride this week and noticed that when i give it a good bit of throttle in top gear that it got a bit hotter (my led went from green to red) slow down a bit and we're back to green, so I am obviously getting warmer when pushing it in top.
My question is this, does your temperature gauge rise a little when you gun it? or do I have an overheating problem?(too lean maybe?)
Thanks in advance
nev

http://ascot500.com/index.php?topic=25.0

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: Does your temperature rise??
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:49:16 am »
I seem to recall my first VT500 with the MAC exhaust temperature gauge climbing a bit during stop & go traffic. The MAC pipe was a bit closer to the coolant crossover tube to the rear cylinder. The fan would kick on & bring the temp right back down to the normal operating position on the OEM gauge. I can't recall it getting hot at speed though.

Maybe you need to backflush your radiator & clean out the fins.

I've heard that the thermostats fail & that will cause overheating. But I don't know much about that.

Glad to hear that you got her on the road.

Good luck
J.