Author Topic: "Dime City Cycles" Has Plenty Of Cool Parts...  (Read 17752 times)

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
"Dime City Cycles" Has Plenty Of Cool Parts...
« on: February 08, 2014, 10:36:25 am »
I just heard about & checked out the web-site for Dime City Cycles. Very nice web-site & lots of cool parts for sale!
Check them out at: http://www.dimecitycycles.com

They have a lot of Cafe & Bobber conversion parts, pre-formed exhaust system tubing, many different mufflers, exhaust brackets & hangers, lighting, helpful fabrication odds & ends, gauges, etc.

They also have a real neat "Tech Section" with a few articles on how to shape, fabricate & mount a seat, polish aluminum parts, plus gauge face rehabilitation: http://www.dimecitycycles.com/dccdiatribe/category/tech-articles

The pricing seams real reasonable & lots of parts to choose from. Check them out when you get a chance.

Good luck
J.

thumperdh

Re: "Dime City Cycles" Has Plenty Of Cool Parts...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 10:25:06 pm »
+1 Have ordered from them in the past, good customer service, fast shipping times.
1982 FT500
Conti Classic Attack tires
Foam filter mod
Round headlight
Rejetted carb
Progressive springs
Supertrapp muffler
Thumperstuff header

WTF304

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 11:35:59 pm »
Got looking at one of the supertrap mufflers, good price and looks nice. Seriously thinking of getting it, anyone running a supertrap currently ?

wrk2ride_ride2wrk

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 07:27:43 am »
I have a "Supersound" which is a Japanese version.  Takes the same discs & baffles. I have it with 7 discs ATM and no baffle sounds good, not too annoying for the neigbours weighs about 3kgs  ;)

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 07:45:44 am »
I believe that forum member "thumperdh" is running a ThumperStuff header with a SuperTrapp on the end. You might try a search on his posts, as he discusses some of the tuning disks, etc.

My VT500FT Ascot has a custom dual exhaust that was fabbed up & has a pair of smaller SuperTrapps. It sounds great! Throaty, but not too loud or raspy. If you can afford a SuperTrapp, go for it. It's the only tunable muffler that I'm aware of.

A less expensive option is the reverse megaphone muffler sold by EMGO. Look for part #80-84030B. It is a 2-piece design that can be disassembled & re-packed when needed. The muffler is a straight through design with a perforated core, much like a glass pack muffler. You can usually find them on eBay for around $60+ to $80 something. Here is one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/17-Shorty-Dunstall-Style-Muffler-Reverse-Cone-Flat-Black-1-1-2-1-3-4-1-5-8-/161359782035?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2591cae093&vxp=mtr

(If you order any parts from Niche Cycle. Make sure that you tell them that you are a member of the Ascot Forum & you might receive a discount.)

I run the older 1-piece version of this reverse megaphone on my FT/CBR hybrid bike. It's a bit on the loud side, but not obnoxious. You can make the 2-piece unit quieter if you'd like.

Good luck
J.

WTF304

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 07:44:52 pm »
Honestly i like loud, people can hear you coming .... most problematic is the police can hear you too lol. I'm going to get a supertrapp no question about, I've had them on a few other machines and they work perfectly. Right now it's a toss up between two styles of universal, 328-1719 which i like that it has a track welded to it for the bracket even though i haven't seen what the track looks like. Downside is the end caps, don't want to look like a Kawasaki intruder lol but if all the parts can be interchanged then i might be inclined to buy one. The other is 425-17500 which i really like, looks good and it's external disc ....and decent end caps. Down side will be a bracket cause i don't want to lose the passenger pegs, my wife liked to go out for cruises, plus I've never experienced the internal disc type before.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 07:58:09 am »
The reverse megaphone muffler that I was talking about has a channel on the backside for a bolt & bracket also. Usually whatever muffler that you use, the muffler bracket attaches below the right side passenger peg & won't cause a problem for your passenger. (see picture below)

Whatever muffler you decide upon, make sure that mounting channel is on the back, or you will either have to weld or rivet a bracket on.

I'm a believer in "Loud Pipes Save Lives" but not real loud like most Harley bikes. Just loud enough so the pedestrians, bicyclists & other drivers can hear me when I rev it up. I don't like annoyingly loud pipes. They just make people not like motorcyclists.

J.

WTF304

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 05:49:04 pm »
Right i agree, most people on the roadways don't see a bike and usually never hear them. I don't want it to be obnoxiously loud either and mostly no matter the case nobody likes motorcyclist ... just the way it is i guess. I'll check out that one you posted though I'd like to save the original mount as much as possible.

Thnx J

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 07:36:53 pm »
The picture above is showing the original muffler & passenger foot-peg mount. The passenger pegs were removed from this bike.

J.

WTF304

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 10:42:50 pm »
Right what i ment was i want to keep the ability to have the actual peg still there as the bracket has a stop to keep the peg aligned