Author Topic: An Old & Very Useful Product...  (Read 10337 times)

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
An Old & Very Useful Product...
« on: October 08, 2013, 11:47:45 am »
I remember seeing commercials for this stuff ever since I was a kid: http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip  Well I just recently purchased a can of the black dip to use on the new battery hold down strap on my modified CBR/FT500 Hybrid Bike. This stuff is really cool! Just follow the directions & use it on a medium weather, or better, type of day & it works great. It was nice out when I started to use the product, but then it started to rain. The instructions on the can warn against high humidity. The results were still good enough for what I wanted though so all is well. The instructions recommend a 30 minute wait between coats. I recommend a longer wait & maybe even over night. On my first attempt the coating became too thick & began to sag, so I wiped it all off & started over. It would probably be a good idea to pick up a small container of the proper thinner as listed in the instructions. The product tends to thicken in the can with exposure to air.

It is truly a very neat product with lots of possibilities.

Good luck

J.

thumperdh

Re: An Old & Very Useful Product...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 09:33:21 pm »
I live pretty close to the www.Dipyourcar.com headquarters and have done a couple of projects with their help, absolutely killer stuff and so cool how it just peels right off when you get bored with it. Thinking of doing my Ascot wheels in a gold color.
1982 FT500
Conti Classic Attack tires
Foam filter mod
Round headlight
Rejetted carb
Progressive springs
Supertrapp muffler
Thumperstuff header