Author Topic: Need forks for FT500  (Read 14680 times)

Lefty

Need forks for FT500
« on: March 14, 2019, 07:15:49 pm »
In need of a set of forks for my FT. Let me know what you have. Thanks

triguyracer

Re: Need forks for FT500
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 11:49:10 am »
Hello Lefty I have a partial set of forks ,a upper t clamp no lower one, good set of lower forks one good fork tube with all the internals, the other one is bent and the damper will not come out but I have not tried to straighten it out with my press and take it out, I am pretty sure it will come out and be good as the tube is bent but not big time, just enough for the damper rod not to slip out, Might even be abill to straighten and fix, Have to look but I am pretty sure all the fork caps and small parts , clips , ect are there except the top handlebar clamps they are missing the two top pieces of the clamps  that bolt  the top part to hold the handlebar to the bottom clamp

Lefty

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 07:00:47 pm »
Well it  just so happens that I need the lower legs more than I need the entire forks up. When I bought this bike the left leg had a broken drain bolt and mount it was completely broken off and there was no oil in it. I JB Welded over the hole & installed new fork seals, but it didnt seal very long. A 2nd set lasted about the same amount of time. So what are you asking for these and can you put pics up, please. Thanks, Brian

triguyracer

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 12:36:08 am »
Hello Brian I only want 35 dollars for the lowers,I am not sure if I can post a pic on this site  I will give it a try as I have only in the last week learned how to post a pic lol, but I can send one over the phone if need be .I will try to post a pic tomorrow on this forum if I can and go from there, Al

triguyracer

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 10:37:23 am »
I have been unable to download any pics to the computer ,I can send some pics over my phone if you PM me your ph# number Al 

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 09:56:26 pm »
"Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 8050KB, maximum individual size 2000KB"

Lefty

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 05:59:24 pm »
Hey Al, 35 sounds good- I can paypal it to you if you have that.
I sent this once already,but it didnt look like it posted. I will pm you my phone number, thanks

triguyracer

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 10:31:00 am »
Lefty give me a ring at 831 540 5996.I do not have paypal but being it is only 35 dollars call me and I will just go ahead and mail them and when you get them you can just send me a postal money order. not like it's hundreds of dollars  lol,you will need to take care of whatever it costs to ship them . If I do not answer the phone don't worry just leave message how to contact you, I hardly ever answer calls if I do not know who it is due to the amount of robo calls I get . I will get them to you one way or another lol ,my lack of computer skill makes things a bit difficult sometimes