'Round The Campfire > Cool Rides & Adventures...

What Have You Done With Your Ascot Lately?

<< < (4/5) > >>

thumperdh:
Well, with gas getting more expensive and after trading in my little Jetta for a big Silverado Crew Cab coupled with me having a 54mi roundtrip commute each day has led me to equip my FT for some commuter work. I've put my windshield back on, wired in a 12v cigarette lighter plug and upgraded to a 17t front sprocket.

I have to say, 17t countershaft is way better than the 16t countershaft. I wouldn't even bother with the 16t unless you do a lot of super spirited mountain riding. I can now cruise at 65mph at just around 4k in fifth gear.  :)

Edit: Filled up the tank tonight. 54.x miles driven .909 gal of gas. 59MPG mostly highway. My last three fillups have been

1. 65mi/1.2gal=54.1mpg
2. 65mi/1.0gal=65mpg
3. 54mi/.909gal=59.4mpg

184mi ridden/3.109gal=59.1mpg

J6G1Z:
Hey there thumperdh,

Did that 17 tooth countershaft sprocket fit without any clearancing? I just had someone tell me that they ordered one, but it wouldn't fit, so they exchanged it for a 16 tooth sprocket. I'm running a 16 & like it, but I'm mostly back road riding.

Thanks
J.

thumperdh:
I followed the guide I found on the yahoo group. Had to dremel down one of the bolts below the sprocket. I think it would be impossible without doing this, and even with it ground down tolerances are tight. It took me two passes to get it right.

The 16t is perfect for back roads but the 17 really shines on the super slab. 

J6G1Z:
That's what it was. A bolt that needed clearancing. I read that "File" a long time ago & couldn't recall what the clearancing issue was. I've been having problems opening some of the "Files" lately, including that one.

Thanks
J.

thumperdh:
I have a lot of them saved on my computer. I'll add some of them up later tonight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version