First Generation Ascots > The Thumper Years: Modified To Full Customs

Some Interesting Pics Of A Modified FT500...

<< < (3/3)

DonDDR:
Sorry, I didnt look at the bike when it was red picture. Those would be Hurricane wheels. I looked around on the WERA board and those bikes were popular in the 90's, a handful of guys built some pretty nice track bikes. They liked the Hawk forks with Hurricane wheels front and rear. Funny stuff cause the Hawk guys all want F2/3 front ends, so why wouldnt the Ascot guys also want the F2/3? Anyway I am going to use F2 stuff cause I have a bunch left over when I upgraded to F3. I know where to find it if I need it, Honda used it for 7 years till the F4 came along.

DonDDR:
IIRC wheels will fit from Hurricane to the latest F4 as the axle size are the same. If you are using a F4 wheel they will fit any F4 fork properly for the rotor spacing to go between the calipers. I am not sure the rotor spacing for (Im tired of typing Hurricane- lets just call it F1-) F1 and F2/3 are the same as F4, although you can "make it fit". Not in a sketchy way, but not a direct bolt on either. As for length, there is not a huge difference, like maybe 10 or 15mm, I would have to look back thru some of my crap I saved. If you tell me what you are trying to do maybe I can help figure out what you need. If you wanna keep it on the DL and not talk about it on the public side of your board PM me.

J6G1Z:
PM Sent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version