First Generation Ascots > Classified Ads

WTB - aftermarket exhaust or header

<< < (2/3) > >>

J6G1Z:
I have the 80-84033 FLAT BLACK on one of my bikes. (The other two were not available at the time.) It helps remove the cork. Still running the original head-pipes.

J.

patrino:
Anyone know how the Kerker stacks up against a Jemco?

I'm not that knowledgeable about four-stroke exhausts, but see from photos that the distance from the exhaust valve to the 2-into-1 collector differs dramatically between the two system.  The Jemco collector is ~12"-16" after the exhaust valve, while the Kerker's collector is about where the stock one is.

triguyracer:
A place you might try for looking for a pipe is on vft.org ,I found my White Brothers system on there for a what I feel was a cheap price.I use this site a lot as I am a vintage flat tracker they deal with modern and vintage stuff,FT and XR 500 motors where and still are popular motors for vintage dirttrackers,Put up a want ad and I am sure you will get a lot of responce

patrino:
Thanks for the suggestion!  I've looked there now and then, but never sent a Want Ad.

Just requested one now .... let's see what turns up!

patrino:
I ended up buying the Kerker off of eBay.  Yeah, it was overpriced, but it looks good (showed up today) and I'm excited about it.  I had a couple great offers from folks on vft.org (thanks again for the recommend, triguyracer) but decided on the Kerker.

Anyone have an idea of where I may end up, jetting-wise?  Stock engine and ignition, the Kerker pipe, stock carb, Uni foam air filter in place of the stock filter, stock airbox.  I'm going to pick up a selection of mains today and will do the work to get it right, but it's always nice to have a reference point.

Thanks, Patrick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version