Second Generation Ascots > The V-Twin Years: Stock To Lightly Modified

Some advise?

<< < (2/2)

RobertP:
I just saw 2 on craigslist, $2100 and $2500. Both are in really good shape and some nice little custom parts added. Cheers.
PS that was around California area.

Wes Kootenay:
Hi John.
I did what you are thinking about - see my post 'new ascoteer'.
I paid $1200 Canadian (about $200 too much) but I think this bike is going to be a fun project. I am in the process of recovering the seat and just finished re-building the front brake caliper - the brake was stuck on, now I know why. About a week after I bought mine, one came up in near showroom condition with very low mileage for $CAN3500. I'm glad I didn't see that first as it would just be a 'rider', my bike is a sad case looking for a good home.
Good luck with your search.
Al

Duke52:
Your location is going to be the deciding factor on if you can find a nice Ascot or not. Where I live, you just don't see them very often. When I bought mine a couple of years ago I had to drive a couple hundred miles to get it. Pricewise, $5000 seems extremely high, I would think $3000 or so would be the absolute top price for a low miles bike in excellent condition, with a good running average bike in the $1500- $2000 range. If you get a bike that needs work I'd cut that price in half - of course that is JMHO.

J6G1Z:
Looks like the OP quit & is no longer a forum member.

J.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version