'Round The Campfire > The B.S. & Off Topic Board

A POLL ON COLOR SELECTION... Please Vote.

(1/2) > >>

J6G1Z:
Well it's time to buy new tires & clean up the look of my wheels. It appears that they were originally blue in color, but they have been spray painted flat black. They look O.K. in black but the paint is flaking off & showing the original color in several places. I had originally intended to have them bead blasted & then clear coated. I have been warned by several folks that it won't look good when done that way. Supposedly it ends up chalky looking. Then I had thought to go with Aluminum/Silver powder coat. I'm concerned that with the rest of the bike being black, that the aluminum color may stand out too much. So that leaves a medium to dull gloss black. I just hope that doesn't come across as too much black... Ahhh... Indecision.

WHAT COLOR DO YOU FOLKS THINK WILL LOOK THE BEST?

Here are a few pics of the bike & the wheels in question.

Thank you
J6G1Z

J6G1Z:
Here's the wheels...

J6G1Z:
Here's a Photo Shop pic of aluminum colored wheels above the pic of black wheels.

Ulywood57:
I'm thinking...go bold and go gold matching the yellow stripe on the tank...the black or silver is done...go for what will pop!

cdntfindanAscot:
Black. definitely!
possibly
maybe
or perhaps the red on the tank red?
Its taken me months to decide on my own colour scheme and I'm still not sure of that!  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version