First Generation Ascots > The Thumper Years: Stock To Lightly Modified

winter progress

(1/5) > >>

WTF304:
Making some real headway, bought quite a few new parts. Almost ready for this season's ride and for my first bike that actually is street legal. Have had alot of bikes but with so many trails being cleared out for new homes and owners it's time.

The things i have done/bought - caliper rebuild kits both front and rear. Front brake master rebuild kit, new pads front and rear. 16 tooth front sprocket, clean and re-jet carb with a 55 pilot and 160 main with a tweak of the accelerator pump linkage and getting alot more use from it. Replaced the intake manifold seals and the inspection cover seals, battery, new filter for the stock airbox. A set of rear shocks from a CB550 nighthawk which feel way better then the stockers, new fork seals which haven't been done yet but will be at a local shop along with progressive springs  and the new tires i picked up. Shifter shaft oil seal and another complete gasket set which is good to have, got to pull the stator cover and fix the silly tab for the neutral sensor. Vapor gauge rewired as i didn't like the way some of it was done by the PO, also got the highbeam, signal and neutral indicators wired up that came with the gauge. New set of Renthal CR high bars wich look good and feels better, with new grips and bar ends and a brighter headlight bulb. New EBC clutch springs since i had to remove the clutch cover and adjust the balancer tension which was good cause I'm getting a new cable and clutch plates since i have gotten a better look. I'm sure there are a few things I'm forgetting, have to check the list.

J6, i haven't had a lot of time to finish modifying the original stock muffler. Trying to get things in motion since the weather seems to be changing for the better, ordering an Emgo 80-84030BC muffler. I haven't given up on the original unit yet and won't lol, but taking your advice from a while back for now.

Probably spent close to 800 give or take on mods/ preventive maintenance/ tlc. Liking the outcome thus far, going to that much more safe and reliable as well as a more comfortable and "to my needs" ride.

What all have you guys done this winter ?

wrk2ride_ride2wrk:
Good stuff, can you you share a pic of the bars fitted?

WTF304:
I have to crop a photo so it fits the size requirements but sure, or I'll just take a better photo that's easier to crop so it can still be seen.

J6G1Z:
Pictures should work as long as they are 500KB or smaller. I don't think the dimensions matter, but I could be wrong. I usually size to 800 wide & let the length follow. That way the picture stays on the same page instead of opening in another window.

That stainless steel reverse megaphone looks like a new release. I don't recall ever seeing that one. They were originally only available in chrome. Then they were available with a black finish. Then the 2-piece design. You want the 2-piece unit so you can repack the silencing material.

Sounds like your bike is really progressing well. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like.

J.

WTF304:
Had to take some new pics after changing the resolution so i could crop the shots down to file size. Tank is off right now, nothing wrong just easier to unplug the connection to the pick up on the clutch cover then to dismount it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version