Second Generation Ascots > The V-Twin Years: Stock To Lightly Modified

Choke cables

(1/3) > >>

2fast2young:
Saw this question come up in another thread, just wanted to let everyone know:

Choke cables from the Euro VT500 E sub model will drop in and work just fine on our FT's.

Yes, you have to get them from the UK (pretty easy on Ebay) and postage is a hair more, but they work!

Elliot

J6G1Z:
That's good to know. Thank you for doing the research or taking the chance on ordering one. I remember that old topic from a few months back.

J.

Bucko:
Refresh my memory....

On the ascot, it's more of an 'enrichener' than a true choke, right?

And, the single cable connects to a dual cable splitter/puller to provide one cable to each carb? or am I thinking of something else?

2fast2young:
Bucko, I'm not sure how much effect the choke circuit has, I haven't been inside these carbs yet. You are correct, single line at the bar to a split into each carb.

I think I picked mine up for about $30, maybe $12 shipping, so not horrible.

J6G1Z:
I'm no expert on VT carbs, but I believe the choke is actually an "enrichener" that adds additional fuel vs. reducing the air flow. My bike starts & warms up much better when I use the "choke". I'm assuming that the VT carbs are probably leaned out at low speeds as much as possible to pass USA emissions requirements. That's why an additional squirt of fuel is often required to start.

J.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version