First Generation Ascots > Tech Section

How To Modify Side Case For Oil Cooler...

<< < (4/4)

murdo:
Thanks for posting that J6, very good to get some actual numbers. Seems I won't need a cooler as I don't ride full on all the time and if it gets that hot outside then I will probably stay inside until the heat passes.
Do you think a pressure gauge is a worthwhile addition?

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: murdo on October 13, 2020, 02:55:53 am --- Do you think a pressure gauge is a worthwhile addition?

--- End quote ---

Maybe. Do you know what normal operating pressure range should be?

murdo:
I have scoured the workshop manual and other internet sources and none can tell me what pressure these engines run. Will just have to fit a gauge one day and see for myself.

triguyracer:
I would think that it being a roller bearing crankshaft instead of a plain bearing type that your oil pressure might read lower than you think it should when you are able to check it without knowing what the factory calls for , I use 20'50 Valvoline race oil , I live where it gets pretty hot for 3 to 4 months ,like hundred plus for days on end ,don;t ride much in the real hot weather but have had good luck with said oil which I use in my race bikes also just a diff weight. just change it a lot and the filter seems to work well. Now off subject does anyone have info on fixing the speedo , mine broke about 3 months ago like it to able to keep it reading close to the actual miles which was just under 8000 a few months back when it broke.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version