Second Generation Ascots > The V-Twin Years: Stock To Lightly Modified

rats Vs. my wiring...

(1/4) > >>

MrFozzy:
hey guys!
can someone help me out by telling me what the two connectors in the picture are for? looks like the rats wanted to much on my cycle. anyone got any extra harness lying around?

this could be what was draining my battery and messing with my headlight, but im not too sure.

J6G1Z:
Yes that is a big problem & I'm surprised that your bike even runs on both cylinders. Those two junction boxes are for the connection between your ignitor boxes that are hidden behind your battery & your coils up front above the front cylinder.

You need to insulate those wires individually. You also need to look around & see what may be chaffing on those wires. You can carefully back each soldered pin out of the junction box, place a length of heat shrink tubing over the part of the wire that is bare & then carefully apply some heat to the shrink tube so it shrinks down tight on the wire. Re-insert the pin exactly where it came from & then do the next wire. Or you could carefully wrap each wire with electrical tape. Those junction boxes disconnect fairly easy. Just make sure you don't get them mixed up.

Good luck
J.

MrFozzy:
thanks for the quick response!

im not sure if i can save those wires... they look pretty bad. thoughts?

Upon further inspection of my bike i found that my choke cable has broken off inside my carb... old plastic i guess. are there any cheap choke cables out there?

Luke:
That's pretty strange ... those particular wires must be cheese flavoured.  :)   Mine was eaten in the same spot.

MrFozzy:
have you gotten around to fixing them? if so, let me know what you did. im not a huge fan of removing them from the connector but thats all because of inexperience. there is alot of old plastic on this bike and it just wants to crumble mostly!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version