First Generation Ascots > The Thumper Years: Stock To Lightly Modified

Anyone ever replace the clutch in their FT Ascot?

<< < (2/2)

J6G1Z:
No impact, but I do have a nice breaker bar. Looks like I might need to buy a new socket to fit that nut.

Thanks, please keep the tips coming if anyone can think of anything else that I should prepare for.

J.

Zedicus:
breaker bar will not do you any good, you will roll the penny through the gears before they break loose.   it really only matter if any of the bolts or the center nut is stuck.   if you have a welder you can weld a chunk of bar stock to one of the old discs and make a clutch holder tool.

if your going to be doing mutch of this type of stuff head to home depot and find an electric impact on clearance.  ive been a garage mechanic for most of my life and i can't believe i didnt do that sooner.  1/2 inch preferable but whatever your $ will get you is better then nothing.

Slyphon:
Did you ever end up getting in to the clutch? I have to swap crank cases due to damage to my bottom casing, and am looking for some info. The whole job is a little daunting...

J6G1Z:
No, I haven't made any progress on this yet. Probably won't until later on this winter.

Do you have a Honda Ascot service manual yet? That will be needed.

J.

Luke:
x2 on the impact ... makes life so much easier all around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version