First Generation Ascots > The Thumper Years: Stock To Lightly Modified

how reliable is your ascot?

<< < (2/2)

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: motomensch on July 18, 2014, 05:17:24 pm ---what brand AGM battery did you buy, where and for how much?
thanks,
Mel :-\
--- End quote ---

I usually buy from my local Batteries Plus store. Looks like they have changed their top of the line Made In The USA AGM battery to a Duracell: http://www.batteriesplus.com/product/40578-DURAGM--15L--US-Duracell-Ultra-AGM-Battery-Made-in-USA/558-CC/4419-Motorcycle-Batteries/638911-Honda/FT500-Ascot/500CC-1982-to-1983.aspx

J.

Joe D.:
Great, if I make sure the battery is charged. ;D

Lefty:
I'd really like to report how reliable mine is, after all the stuff I've done to it,the header, jets, air filter, etc- but my muffler welds were really sophomoric & I am chomping at the bit to get my SuperTrapp back from the welder who is "really busy". Christ, I haven't ridden it in 2 months!

FT500R:
My ascot was really reliable, I couldn't keep my hands of her however and from a 8 out of 10 its down to a 2 out of 10 on reliability now.
My fault completely.
With the cbr900rr forks conversion I also got rid of the original dash which left a lot of wires exposed, I should have cleaned this up properly, now I'm stuck with al sorts of electrical problems. She looks great though :D.

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: kansloos161 on August 21, 2014, 06:03:44 am ---...With the cbr900rr forks conversion I also got rid of the original dash which left a lot of wires exposed, I should have cleaned this up properly, now I'm stuck with al sorts of electrical problems. She looks great though :D.
--- End quote ---

When I did my swap, I eliminated that box that holds the two fuses. I took it apart down to the plastic square that the fuses clip into. I then wrapped it with electrical tape so it could not make any contact & tucked it into the headlight housing. I have a round headlight & don't know if there is enough room in the rectangular headlight.

To do a real clean job of it. I should have bought 2 inline fuse holders like what is used for an after-market stereo & spliced those in. Then that fuse holder box could be elinminated altogether.

J.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version