Second Generation Ascots > Tech Section

UNI Foam Replacement Filter For The VT500...

<< < (2/3) > >>

J6G1Z:
I just tried a search on Amazon.com using "UNI #NU-4072" as the search terms. It brought up several results.

J.

J6G1Z:
Well the UNI filter arrived today. That was a prompt response!

It looks like there is some interchange with about 3 bikes.

VT 500 C, FT, 1983-84
VT 700 Shadow 1983-84

Other than that, it is simply a foam filter sleeve. Looks about the same size as a beer cozy. I will reply if anything out of the ordinary springs up, but I expect it to fit trouble free.

J.

J6G1Z:
Another option that I just learned about is this model of UNI filter for the 1985-86 Shadow.
http://www.ragingmoto.com/uni-two-stage-air-filter-nu4097

Year, Make & Model: 1985-86 VT 500 C
UNI Part Number: NU-4097
MSRP: $26.95

This filter looks to offer more volume & "should" flow more air than the 2-piece cage design. Just something to consider.

J.

J6G1Z:
I am now running an UNI filter for an '85-'86 Shadow.

This appears to be an improved design from Honda originally. It's a one piece filter that replaces the Ascots 2 filter cages, filter element & the access panel. That's correct, the Shadow filter has the access panel attached to it & just slides into place. The filter element is much larger than the Ascots & is not much smaller around than the access hole itself. Below is a pic of the UNI Shadow filter.

J.

lennyway:
Do you have a before and after picture?
I'm planning to build the electric stuff onder my gas tank so I wonder if this new filter gives enough space for it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version