Second Generation Ascots > Classified Ads

looking for VT500 ASCOT side panels (and other parts)

(1/3) > >>

wilfone:
Hello!

I live in France and I'm looking for VT500FT ASCOT side panels (or copies) and maybe some parts (tank, rear fairings....)
I hope someone will read my ad... :-\
...and  also help me ::)

bye!

J6G1Z:
Welcome Wilfone,

Have you tried searching eBay? Unfortunately that is most likely going to be your best bet.

It's also a good idea when you own a vintage bike like the Ascot to look for & try to pick up a "parts bike" to scavenge parts from.

What color is your Ascot? Black or red?

Good luck
J.

PS. Check out this highly customized Ascot & see what you think of the side panels that he fabricated. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ascotvt500enthusiasts/photos/albums/439561376

wilfone:
Hie!
Yes I've try EBAY, but no side panels (just one, but the seller does ship to France).  I' ll try this link.
The color is not a problem, you know, the VT500FT has not been marketed in France, we had just the vtc and vte, I am trying to rebuild one.

Thanks a lot

Wilfreed

P.S. : Do you think that it's possible to found someone who can make a copy of side panel on the forum?

J6G1Z:
Wilfone,

I have a pair of black side panels that I might consider selling. They are NOT in very good condition, as at least one is cracked & someone tried to glue it to repair it. The stickers were peeled off & left a bunch of adhesive debris on the side plates. I think all the mounting studs are still good, but it has been a while since I really looked at them. Here are a few pictures of the bike when I first brought it home. If you are interested, I'll dig them up & take some close up pictures for you.

I've never mailed anything outside of the United States before. You will have to clue me in on what all is involved.

Thanks
J.

J6G1Z:
I also have a black fuel tank, but it is a bit rough also. The clearcoat is peeling off the top of the tank & there is about a 3-4 inch dent in the right side.

Have you signed up to be a member of the Yahoo VT500 Ascot Owners Group? They are a much larger group of Ascot owners. I believe there is about 900 to 1000 members. If you are not a member, you should sign up & post your inquiries there also. Here is a link: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ascotvt500enthusiasts/info

Good luck
J.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version