'Round The Campfire > Cool Rides & Adventures...

So... What All Have You Done To Your Ascot?

<< < (2/2)

Dougie:
Riding up to Scotland for a bike rally through the Galloway forest 120 miles off road riding.

The water pump failed on the way up and the temp gauge was stuck at the bottom of the gauge.

Thought the fuse that controls this had gone again. On a rare Hot summer day opened it up in top and it went slower then cut out at the next junction.

An opportunity to improve I think. :-X

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: Dougie on September 16, 2013, 07:17:07 pm --- ...An opportunity to improve I think. :-X 
--- End quote ---

Sorry to hear about that.

What are your plans & what all is available to Hop-Up the V-Twin?  Perform an over-bore plus a port & polish job?

Good luck
J.

Dougie:
The best person in my opinion to do tuning work would be JD Hord who has been tuning Honda Hawks for many years. He can be contacted on the Hawkgt forum.

Unfortunately for me he is on the wrong side of the pond. My budget would not stretch that far anyway.

J6G1Z:
You can probably do some light port-work yourself. Just clean up the passages of any casting flash & teardrop shape the valve guides, etc. I'd give it a try if I were taking my top-end apart.

Are there any aftermarket performance camshaft grinds available, or do folks reduce the base circle of the OEM camshafts?

Good luck
J.

Dougie:
Jd Hord has a variety of grinds that he uses. There are also listing for the VT ascot at Megacycle cams Who I think supply JD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version