First Generation Ascots > Tech Section

Foam filter mod

<< < (2/3) > >>

Lefty:
Thanks for the info, guys, I'm going to order up some foam & jets. I'm wonderinf if I change the jets to #145 & #58 without opening up the exhaust if I'm going to have performance problems. Should I wait to re-jet until I get my exhaust?

thumperdh:
Rejet as soon as possible. They really make all the difference in the world. When I ran my stock exhaust I had no issues with the increase in jet sizes.

Lefty:
Thanks Thumperdh, going to order 'em up!

J6G1Z:
When you order the two new jets, you might as well order a new 16 or 17 tooth countershaft sprocket at the same time.

The new jets will allow your engine to make more power. The taller countershaft sprocket will allow you to put that new power to better use. I took the conservative approach & ordered the 16 tooth sprocket. If I rode on the freeway & open road more, I would've bought the 17 tooth.

Good luck
J.

PS. Please tell Mark from ThumperStuff that John said "Hello".

Lefty:
Will do, limited time so it might be next week before I get to the jets &  foam- Christ I've been working 12 hrs/6 days & HAD to go in a 7th day this week, we're short handed & my boss is very picky who he hires.......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version