'Round The Campfire > The B.S. & Off Topic Board

Anyone Go For Any Rides Lately Or Been Working On Their Bike?

(1/5) > >>

J6G1Z:
Been pretty slow around here since Thanksgiving. Looks like everyone has been busy with the Holidays. Hope you all had a good Christmas & were able to enjoy some quality time with your Family & Friends. Christmas was good to me this year. I received a new pair of Dainese riding boots & some gloves. So far I've only been able to test this new gear on two rides, but it looks very promising.

I've slowly been collecting all the remaining parts for my FT/CBR hybrid. I stripped the wheels of sprocket, disks & bearings, all the way down to the bare wheels. Then had them media blasted & powder coated. Bought new All Balls wheel bearings off of eBay & a 520 chain conversion with new sprockets from: http://www.sidewindersprockets.com/. Finally have everything back & need to clean the wheels of any left over blasting media from the inside. Then I can begin to reassemble the wheels, mount & balance the new Avon Roadriders & finish the bike. It's just been too cold & rainy to be outside with the hose cleaning wheels lately. Today the sun is out & I plan to get going on those wheels as soon as it warms up a bit.

So.... What all have you guys been up to?

J.

J6G1Z:
Can't believe that nobody has been out for a ride, or been working on their bike! :o

What's going on? Is everyone locked into their cave watching the tube with the post holiday blues?

Anybody been affected by any of the large storms that have hit the country lately?

How about a Christmas report? Anybody score any cool bike related presents?

Let's spark up some conversation & activity around here. ;)

Thanks
J.

thumperdh:
Everything is quiet down here. Been riding to work and back all the time. Nothing crazy. I did manage to find a pretty nice little section of road to ride home on that involves two roundabouts and a hairpin.

I realized how much I hate my new headlight position and brackets so as soon as we get a sunny day I'm going back to stock. I'm also looking for an OEM exhaust heatshield and a set of OEM mirrors if anybody has some extras hanging around. But im not about to pay $69 for that heatshield.

Gift wise, my Xmas gift to myself was a nice project bike in the form of a 1982 cb900f. Needs some carb work but not bad condition. I also ordered the upgraded jets for the ft from Mark over at thumperstuff last Friday. Hopefully I get them in soon.

J6G1Z:
I don't recall what you did with your Headlight. What is wrong with it?

How about some pics of your 900? Sounds like a good score.

Good luck
J.

thumperdh:
I wanted the FT to have a more "aggressive" look to it so I bought a cheap headlight bracket to move the light lower down. I first dropped the forks down in the triple trees then put on my new headlight brackets. I made a post about it here http://ascot500.com/index.php?topic=149.msg561#msg561

Well turns out I hate it. Lowering the forks throws off the whole steering geometry of the bike and the headlight brackets aren't great quality. So whenever it stops raining down here I'm going to get it back to normal.

I'll post pics of the 900 when I get home tonight if I don't fall asleep.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version