First Generation Ascots > The Thumper Years: Modified To Full Customs

FT500 Vintage racer

<< < (3/15) > >>

FT500R:
Got a new airfilter and a new second hand exhaust today.
For the airfilter I went with a foam (double layer) filter. This should filter nicely, at least much better than those cheap mesh filters, and because it is foam you can easily fit it in the cramped space.
For the exhaust I was able to get a second hand Megaton exhaust for cheap. They are cheap exhausts anyway so I don't expect too much from it. It did come with multiple DB-killers so hopefully I can make it somewhat quiet.
Will be a bit of an effort to fit as the rearsets limit room for a link pipe.
I am also playing around a bit with possible seats. My original plan was a NSR250 seat but those are from the early 90s while the organization of the demo races I want to participate in want to have a more 70s/80s vibe.
Best option that I could work out in paint looks to be an altered Laverda SFC750 seat.

FT500R:
Had someone with a bit of photoshop skill make an indication of how the bike could look.

Ordered the seat unit so that should arrive one of these days.
For the front fairing I have one that I am going to look at next week.

Also looking to make a link pipe to mount the exhaust muffler

hellblom:
Nice! I also bought a cbr600 front end the other day.

Do you know why the forks sticks out so much above the triple tree? Why is it not in line with the top of it?

FT500R:
Originally the clipons are mounted on top of the tripple tree.
So there has to be space for that and therefore they portrude a bit further through the tripple tree.

When I first mounted the forks in the FT, I mounted them flush with the top (you can see in one of my earlier posts).
That made the forks look very long and skinny and I also didn't like the stance.
I will stiffen the front forks anyway (found an old instruction how to improve the forks of a CBR600F1).

regards,
Paul

FT500R:
To properly fit the CBR rear wheel I still had to make rear brake support bracket.

I am using the CBR mounting bracket and CBR brake caliper but I decided to use the FT brake support bracket.

Had to make a new hole to line up with the mounting bracket.
After that the bracket was way to big so I got my angle grinder out again.

Fits up nicely now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version