Second Generation Ascots > The V-Twin Years: Stock To Lightly Modified

After market foot pegs?

<< < (2/3) > >>

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: Dougie on October 07, 2013, 06:34:02 am --- I tried footpegs like the first ones pictured but the angle was wrong.
--- End quote ---

That's good to know. Those pegs look nice, its too bad they don't fit.

J.

J6G1Z:
Hey there Jaimo!,

Do you know if there is a Motorcycle Recycler or Salvage business in your area? If so, you might want to remove one of your pegs & take it with you to the Recycler. Then check out the Foot-Peg bin & see if you can find one that is close, or that you can modify by either grinding down, or bushing up, the difference. The other options are to do what I did, or adapt another bikes pair of Rear-Sets. Check out what this member has done with a pair of CBR Rear-Sets. http://ascot500.com/index.php?topic=25.msg163#msg163 

Good luck & please let us know what you come up with.
J.

Jaimo!:

--- Quote from: Dougie on October 07, 2013, 06:34:02 am ---I tried footpegs like the first ones pictured but the angle was wrong.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Dougie, Just what I was looking for...  Sort of, I wish that they fit.  but, you sharing your first hand knowledge is greatly appreciated.

J, I'm not aware of any motorcycle salvage companies in my area, but I'll look some more.  There's always "the bay" and the originals show up time to time.

Jaimo!

J6G1Z:
Are your original pegs chewed up? Is it just the rubber part, or is the steel part bent up also?

I can't recall what VT500 pegs look like any longer. If they're anything like the FT500 pegs, you can take the rubber piece off & there is a steel tube inside that allows for any number of modifications.

I just used this product on a piece of steel that is part of my battery box: http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip 
If you follow the directions, it works great. I recommend that you allow it to dry overnight though before you dip the part again or the coating might sag.

Good luck
J.

Dougie:
I remember now the ones I bought were for a VFR 800 Honda

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version